Anampe is a center for multiple attention for exceptional people and is classified by a great diversity of disabilities, such as Down Syndrome, West Syndrome, San Felipo Syndrome, Autistic Persons, People with Asperger, Moderate, severe, mild mental retardation, psychological or mental problems, among others. The community of Anampe consists out of youths, adults and adolescents who have gone through difficult events in their lives, such as abandonment, abuse, drug addiction, among others, from an age of 19 to 61 years.
Anampe has a group of professionals in four different areas. Those are: Occupational Therapy, Industrial Arts, Home Education and Special Education. There are many different activities occurring in Anampe such as days of recreation and sports, where all the teachers meet at a strategic point and work with the group through outdoor activities, recreational exercises, dance, movements or group work. Moreover, there are schedules of assistance with the teachers every day of the week, where the work together with the teacher carrying out projects, developing skills, performing playful activities of fine and gross motor growth, among others.
Possible tasks for the volunteer:
- Hand out lunches and coffee or bread at coffee time.
- Help with cleaning tables and floors after lunch or coffee.
- Help with the arrangement of chairs in special activities for the population to
- Help with the cleaning of the house.
- Help in the kitchen with the preparation of the meal, cleaning of dishes.
If the volunteer has the initiative and skills, he can also ask permission to set up own activities at the center, such as:
- Games, songs, etc.
- Playful activities
- Workshops (music, art, etc.)
- Foreign language classes (for example English classes)
- Classes of Lesco (sign language used in Costa Rica)
Required skills and interests of the volunteer:
- Desire to work
- Peacefulness with the population
- Vocation to help people and intercourse with people with disabilities
- Appropriate clothing to work with closed and low shoes, comfortable clothes.
Schedule for the volunteer:
From Monday to Friday from 09:00am to 4:00pm.
From the church La Basílica de Santo Domingo, 100 meters to the north and 200 meters to the east, house #14. Santo Domingo, Heredia, Costa Rica.
Arrival to the Project:
Please arrive to Costa Rica 3 days before you start the project. The third day you will start in the Project. Anampe receives volunteers all the week.
- € 498,- Grenzenlos-Programmgebühr (einmalig) plus
- die Programmgebühr der Partnerorganisation: 4 Wochen $ 550,- (US-Dollar); $ 950,- (8 Wochen); $ 1350,- (12 Wochen); $ 1750,- (16 Wochen)